Lavender Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf
A tasty classic with a hint of Provencal Lavender
- 2 tablespoons Lavender buds
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, best quality
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mash bananas with lavender buds using a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Once combined add eggs and vanilla mixing well.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda to butter and brown sugar mixture until it all comes together.
- Gently fold in yogurt, banana mixture and chocolate chips and spread evenly into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Vine and the Olive http://vineandtheolive.com/