Crème au Citron et Thym Citronné
Yummy lemon curd with lemon thyme
Write a review
- 2 Lemons, for Zest
- 1 Generous clipping of Lemon Thyme
- 170 g Sugar
- 60 g Unsalted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 60 ml Lemon Juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- Pinch Salt
- Zest lemons and remove thyme leaves from stalks bringing to a paste in a mortar and pestle.
- Add lemon zest and thyme to sugar in a bowl and cream together with the butter.
- Incorporate 1 egg before adding the second, stir in lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Place the mixture into a saucepan over a low heat whisking constantly and it should thicken just before it comes to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, decant into your jar and refrigerate.
- Be careful not to rush the process. If the heat is too high or you leave it unattended, you risk scrambling the eggs instead of getting the silky texture of the lemon curd.
- I used one 370g Bonne Maman Jar and it fit perfectly!
Vine and the Olive https://vineandtheolive.com/