Lavender Chocolate Chip Banana Loaf
A tasty classic with a hint of Provencal Lavender
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 2 tablespoons Lavender buds
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, best quality
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
- Grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mash bananas with lavender buds using a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Once combined add eggs and vanilla mixing well.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda to butter and brown sugar mixture until it all comes together.
- Gently fold in yogurt, banana mixture and chocolate chips and spread evenly into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Bon Appétit!
Vine and the Olive https://vineandtheolive.com/
This looks fantastic and the fact that it includes lavender makes me SO excited to try it!!!! TY Christina!!!
Thanks Alli, I admit I’m hooked on Lavender, I just propagated a whole bunch of varieties in the fall in hopes to plant more in spring. Believe it or not, I’m making another two loaves right now! They freeze really well. I just slice them, pop them into a ziplock and into the freezer so I can just take a few frozen pieces with me for breakfasts on the road. Such a treat!