Soup à la Moutard Hollondais / Dutch Mustard Soup
A deliciously simple soup
- ½ L Chicken Stock
- 25 g Butter
- 25 g Flour
- 1 tbsp Dijon and Grainy mustard
- 60 ml Cream
- Heat your soup stock to have at the ready.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on medium heat and when melted add flour and make a roux.
- Slowly incorporate the soup stock to the roux and whisk to ensure lumps don't form until they are all combined.
- Bring to a low boil. Add mustard. I used mostly dijon with a hint of grainy mustard for visual interest.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cream.
- Add fresh chives to serve and I've always got dried croutons cut up from stale baguettes which was a yummy addition.
This is a half recipe so about two bowls but depending on how much soup you like to eat, this may be considered two starter sized portions. Enjoy!